- Download Call to Artists – English (PDF)
- Download Call to Artists – հայերեն (PDF)
HAYP pop-up gallery is seeking artists to be a part of a traveling installation on October 29, 2015. The site of installation will be the interior of a South Caucasus Railway passenger car. The train will depart from Yerevan Station at 8am and arrive in Gyumri at noon. We seek artists of both visual and performing arts. The artist(s) must assist with the installation and disassembling of the work(s). The length of the installation will be announced in the near future but could range from seven to ten days.
We will allow visual artists to propose a variety of mediums for this project; performers may also explain their concepts. Both must keep in mind the physical and timely constraints of the train.
“In Motion” plays with the transitional state of our context: the train. A train is always between places, and the installation itself should reflect the transient state of time and place. We encourage artists to propose installations that are interactive, and show the passage of time through people’s engagement with the art. Maybe they can leave something behind or take something with them…? We are open to your ideas!
- To get a better idea of the space you’ll be working in, have a look at our wagon maps: (1) Aerial View, (2) Elevation view / Side view, (3) Wagon entrance.
- Deadline for submissions will be October 20, 2015.
- To apply, please fill-in our online application form.
- For additional information contact us at email@example.com
Follow us / Հետեւեք մեզ!